Play therapy is to children what counseling is to adults. Play therapy utilizes play and children’s natural medium of expression to help them express their feelings more easily through toys instead of words. At Mind Right we integrate different play therapy interventions based on the needs of each child. Our primary goal is to create a warm and safe environment where a child can learn to understand the wonderful things about themselves, come to believe there are safe places in the world, and some people will love you just the way you are and can be trusted.
Child & Adolescent Counseling Services Include:
- Play therapy/Activity therapy – helping children express themselves through toys and activities.
- Adolescent Counseling – helping adolescents express themselves through talk or activities.
- Group Counseling – in which children join with other children or siblings to explore related issues (groups may be activity, talk to play-therapy based).
- Family Counseling – in a case by case basis, exploring issues related to relationship between parent/guardian.
- Parent Consultations – in which caregivers discuss their child’s progress and needs, learn new parenting skills and receive support and resources, usually once a month throughout their child’s counseling process.